Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Words From Safety 2012’s Award Winners

The future in safety is brighter today than ever before with fantastic opportunities in numerous fields. A passion to excel EHS will open opportunities for you to have a successful future. -Rixio E. Medina, CSP, CPP, CMIOSH; 2012 ASSE Fellow
This was not a career choice I had planned but one that chose me. Do something for nothing, and you will do everything.
- Erike J. Young, MPPA, CSP, ARM; Edgar Monsanto Queeny Award, Safety Professional of the Year
Big thanks to my students for nominating me and writing letters of support. The award is actually a bonus and I mean that. I'm only as successful as the success of my students. I also look at safety that way.
- Todd W. Loushine, Ph.D., P.E., CSP, CIH; Outstanding Educator of the Year
Attending Safety 2012 demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning. Learning is important; it enhances your career and increases your value. I encourage each of you to think and consider how you might become more engaged in the safety and health profession. Let’s begin today by forging a strong future together and making this vision our reality.
- President Elect Richard Pollock
Winners were presented at Tuesday’s General Session.  ASSE thanks SafeStart for sponsoring it.